Saturday 13 May 2023

Gorrin Carak's Detachment Part 1 - x20 Norse Dwarf Warriors

 Salutations to my one follower, somewhere in England.

Regular updates? Doesn't sound like me does it?

And so of course. It's unlikely. 

I've learned from a few of my fellow bloggers who do short, sharp and sweet posts often rather than my epic ramblings about nothing.

So I made a start on the Norse Dwarf Warriors.

I don't usually do snowy bases but they fit in with the narrative of the "Blood on the Snow" scenario from White Dwarf 91.

Shields are a mixture of Wargames Foundry and Magister Militum.

Designs by Little Big Men Studios




I usually make my own decals for banners or freehand them (being an artist sometimes has its advantages even if remuneration isn't one of them.) - but I do have a veritable library of decals and selected this Norse/Viking one from (again) Little Big Men to speed the process up.



I used a tomato paste tube to make the banner much like I did here. I've tidied this chap up a bit and I'll give the banner his own post when I can set up to take photos of the finished guy.

I also did a test chap from the next unit which will be the missile unit.

So I'm seven Dwarfs into the unit with the champion and the banner (I HATE banners) done. So aiming to get 12 of the 20 done in May for the Middlehammer Tale challenge.

You can follow the Middlehammer tale by clicking here.

And you can follow my artwork here. (It's an insta link as the Middlehammer Tales doesn't have an art page yet)

And be sure to check out the other heroic artists on the Middlehammer Tale website too.

"Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down..."

I'll see you soon.

Street


 

1 comment: